"events.json disabled"

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Hi guys, i've found some free time to take a peek into my old "dungeon status" tool and update it to the new 0.9 version of the gw2.NET (it was 0.5 since the last time i used it :D)

The code now is updated and everything seems to be in order, but if i try to create a DynamicEventCollection like this:
DynamicEventCollection dynamicEventsCoF = new DynamicEventCollection(serviceManager.GetDynamicEventsById(Guid.Parse("A1182080-2599-4ACC-918E-A3275610602B")));
The program throws in an exception saying that the events.json was disabled :O. Considering i've been out of both the game and its changes in the past 2-3 months, i'm here to ask if i'm missing something, or if Anet simply brought the events API down for a reason :P
Developer
Jun 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM
That is correct. The events API has been disabled, because a game update has made it impossible to track the state of events.

Recommended reading:
It looks like this feature isn't coming back anytime soon.
Jun 10, 2014 at 6:37 PM
TYVM steven :D, will surely give a read on those links!
Developer
Jun 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM
@Elioth
This feature may come back in V2 of the public API (source). Fingers crossed.
Developer
Jun 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Quick update on this: ArenaNet will never re-enable the events.json service in /v1 of the public API, so the /v1 implementation will be removed completely in v0.9.6.0 of the library.
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM
I thought so. Never re-enabling the old V1 API was pretty obvious. I guess the V2 api will contain a good part of rewritten code.

However: DO not delete the V1 part. Annotate the code with the [Obsolete] attribute and set it to output an error instead of a warning. This is the much better way imo, and we should go with it.
Developer
Jun 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Okay, I undeleted the IDynamicEvents service and marked its methods as obsolete. I can't mark the entire interface as obsolete though. Otherwise I can't implement it in ServiceManager.